Accepting HostTed's Acceptable Use Policy means you agree to the following:
1. You agree not to send unsolicited commercial or bulk e-mail or any items considered to be "spam" .The sending of Unsolicited Commercial E-mail or spamvertizing sites (UCE) or SPAM over our network. Very simply this means that customers of HostTed may not use or permit others to use our network to transact in UCE. Customers of HostTed may not host, or permit hosting of, sites or information that is advertised by UCE from other networks. Violations of this policy carry severe penalties, including termination of service.
1 a. Violation of HostTed's SPAM policy will result in severe penalties. Upon notification of an alleged violation of our SPAM policy, HostTed will initiate an immediate investigation (within 12 hours of notification). During the investigation,HostTed may restrict customer access to the network to prevent further violations. If a customer is found to be in violation of our SPAM policy, HostTed may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend or terminate customer's account. Further, HostTed reserves the right to pursue civil remedies for any costs associated with the investigation of a substantiated policy violation. Reseller Scene will notify law enforcement officials if the violation is believed to be a criminal offense.
2. You agree not to take part in or promote any form of "hacking" or intruding to any HostTed Website and/or any of HostTed's clients' websites.
3. You agree not to misbehave in any newsgroup, forums, online group chat, and mailing list associated with HostTed. Actions may include, but are not limited to, spamming, flaming, cursing, and/or degrading another user.
4. You agree not to take any legal action against or on behalf of HostTed. Any action that may result in legal intervention may be cause for your account to be suspended/terminated with the sole discretion of HostTed.
5. You agree not to infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, or any property rights of HostTed or any third party including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying/distributing of copyrighted material.
6. You agree not to take part in any illegal action that may result in legal intervention against HostTed.
7. You agree to not violate any laws, regulations, and requirements set forth by any applicable state, federal, or local goverment.
8. You agree not to undertake any action which is harmful or potentially harmful to any property owned by HostTed.
9. You agree not to purposefully collect any identifiable information of any HostTed employee or any client of HostTed without written consent of a HostTed officer.
10. .System and Network Security: Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Reseller Scene Network. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Reseller Scene will investigate occurrences, which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations. These violations include, without limitation: i. Accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account, which such User is not authorized to access. ii. Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization. iii. Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, "flooding", "mail bombing" or "crashing". iv. Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. v. Taking any action in order to obtain services to which such User is not entitled.
Examples of prohibited content or links include (but are not limited to):
Hacking sites, programs or archives
Warez Sites (includes Warez Linking )
Distribution of music files or any other material in which the account holder does not own the copyright.
Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs(HYIP) or related sites
Investment sites (FOREX, egold exchange)
sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
Bank Debenture Trading Programs
Rpg's, game servers, hate sites
Hacker focused sites (illegal hacking game hacks are ok)
Sites promoting illegal activities
Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts
Brute Force Programs
Reseller Scene . will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. Content that does not meet these standards will be removed without prior notice to the subscriber.
Housing of any of the following files is considered a violation of the terms of service:
IRC - We currently do not allow IRC, Egg Drops, BNC, or IRC bots to be operated on our servers or network. Files with references to IRC or any likeness thereof are prohibited.
Proxies - We do not allow proxy servers of any kind, whether for personal or business use. Files with references to any proxy or likeness thereof are prohibited.
PortScanning - We do not allow any kind of portscanning to be done on or from our servers or network.
Per Service type - as well as all of the the above
Examples of Service types :
Shared Hosting (web site owners & resellers who are on a server with otheres)
Virtual Private Server (VPS/VDS)
Shared Hosting Servers -
Bittorrent - Bittorrent or Bittorrent Tracker software
Resource Usage - Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds.This includes Cpu, Ram,. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
. Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons
Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy)
Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
You agree not to host "hacks", illegal software licenses, "keygens", "serials", and any other forms of illegal distributions of unauthorized access to software.
16. Failing to keep your web site(s), EG: failing to keep the software you run on website(s) updated which includes any third party products we provide EG: auto install scripts. Actions taken by Reseller Scenefor this is at our sole discretion (removel of software, reimaging of drive drive space, etc. Any expense incurred will be the responsibility of the end user
17. Bandwidth and Disk Usage: Customer agrees that bandwidth and disk usage shall not exceed the number of megabytes per month for the Services ordered by Customer on the Order Form (the "Agreed Usage"). Current Fees for Data Transfer overages $1.80 per GB if not pre paid If you have a Credit Card on file you will be automatically invoiced and billed at the lesser rate (unless it is declined)
19. The use of more then 50,000 INODES will result in account suspension. Accounts found exceeding 50,000 INODES will not be backed up on our backup servers. A INODE is the actual file or directory and not the size of that file or directory
20. You agree not to violate these rules and regulations above or take any action that is deemed inappropriate under this policy.
By agreeing to these terms, you fully understand that HostTed redeems the right to take action or determine if anything is inappropriate under this agreement. HostTed may suspend/terminate your account if an officer determines you have violated any of the rules above. This Acceptable Use Policy may be amended at anytime without warning. Policy Updates will go into effect immediately. It is your responsibility to check for updates to this policy.